2016 Nissan Altima for Sale near Depew, NY
The Nissan Altima is One of the Best-Selling Midsize Sedans
The Altima has been in production since 1992, with its first model year being 1993. However, the Altima has been around longer than that really, since it’s a continuation of the Nissan Bluebird line, which began production in 1957. As a result, the 2016 Nissan Altima for sale near Depew, NY, has a long lineage and a lot of years under its belt, on top of being one of the best-selling midsize sedans in the United States1.
The Altima got a nice mid-cycle refresh for 2016. Most of the changes are cosmetic, including the front and rear fascia, which now fit in well with the styling on the Altima’s older sibling, the Maxima. Not all of the changes are about appearances, though, the Altima also received some new advanced safety features and a sporty trim level.
Safety’s always a primary concern – with 658,321 drivers on the road in Erie County alone1, it’s always good to take some extra safety precautions. The Altima comes standard with antilock brakes, stability and traction control, front-seat side airbags2, and full-length side curtain airbags2. Going up trim levels will give you access to features like a Rearview Camera3, a Blind Spot Warning4, a Forward Emergency System5, and Rear-Cross Traffic Alert6. NissanConnectSM7 services are available on the SL trims, and that includes the Automatic Collision Notification8, Emergency Calling9, and Stolen Vehicle Locating Services10.
The 2016 Nissan Altima for sale near Depew, NY, comes in 5 trim levels: base, S, SR, SV, and SL. The comes with a keyless remote entry, push-button ignition, Bluetooth®11 connectivity, a 4-speaker stereo, and Nissan’s Easy Fill Tire Alert System12, which flashes the lights and honks the horn when the tires have reached the correct psi. The SL is the top of the line, compiling most features from all trim levels into one. It comes with NissanConnectSM7, a remote engine start, heated front seats, ambient interior lighting, and a premium Bose® sound system with 9-speakers. Most features are offered as a stand-alone on lower trims, or they’re available in packages, which is great for optimal customization. It allows you to pay for the features you want or need without wasting money on things you don’t.
The new, sport SR trim really lets you bring out the performance aspect of the Altima, though. It comes with 18-inch alloy wheels, sport seats, Daytime Running Lights, fog lights, a rear spoiler, a sport-tuned suspension, and simulated manual shift control via shift paddles.
The 2016 Nissan Altima for sale near Depew, NY, has a little bit of something to offer everyone. It’s got plenty of tech-based safety features, a sporty new trim, and 59 years under its belt. Stop by Mike Barney Nissan and take it for a test drive!
1. According to dmv.ny.gov.
2. Always wear your seatbelt.
3. Do not rely solely on the rearview camera. Always look behind you before backing out.
4. Blind Spot Warning is not a substitute for proper lane change procedures. The system will not prevent contact with other vehicles or accidents. It may not detect every vehicle or object around you.
5. FEB cannot prevent accidents due to carelessness or dangerous driving techniques. It may not provide warning or braking in certain conditions. Speed limitations apply. FCW is intended to warn you before a collision occurs; it cannot prevent a collision. Speed and other limitations apply. See Owner’s Manual for details
6. Not a substitute for proper backing procedures. May not detect all moving vehicles. Speed and other limitations apply. See Owner’s Manual for details.
7. Driving is serious business. Only use NissanConnectSM Services powered by SiriusXM® when safe to do so. Late availability for some features. Services, including automatic crash notification and SOS, are dependent upon the telematics device being in an operative condition, its ability to connect to a wireless network, compatible wireless network availability, navigation map data, and GPS satellite signal receptions, the absence of which can limit or prevent the ability to reach NissanConnect Customer Care or receive support. Never program while driving. GPS mapping may not be detailed in all areas or reflect current road status.Cellular technology is evolving, and changes to cellular networks provided by independent companies are not within Nissan’s or Sirius XM Radio Inc.’s control. Neither Nissan nor Sirius XM are responsible for associated costs that may be required for continued operation due to cellular network termination (including equipment upgrades, if available, or roaming charges on alternative networks). Should a third party provider terminate/restrict service, service may be terminated without notice and with no liability to Nissan, SiriusXM and/or their respective agents or affiliates. Certain services require a PIN for activation. Subscription Agreement required and terms and conditions of Subscription Agreement apply. See NissanUSA.com/connect for details. Enrollment is required to receive full suite of services. Six (6) month trial period begins on your date of vehicle purchase or lease of a new Nissan; subsequently a paid subscription is required at the then current rate to continue to receive services. Text rates and/or data usage may apply
8. When properly setup. Late availability for some features. Services, including automatic crash notification and SOS, are dependent upon the telematics device being in operative condition, its ability to connect to a wireless network, compatible wireless network availability, navigation map data, and GPS satellite signal receptions, the absence of which can limit or prevent the ability to reach NissanConnect Customer Care or receive support.
9. When properly setup.
10. State laws may apply; review local laws before using.
11. Bluetooth® word mark and logos are owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc., and any use of such marks by Nissan is under license. See NissanUSA.com/bluetooth for details.
12. TPMS is not a substitute for regular tire pressure checks. Vehicle must be on for the Easy-Fill Tire Alert to operate.